Monday, October 29, 2012

...shades of old white...

...I adore everything about old paper...

...the color...

...the smell...

...the texture...

...the edges...

...the fonts...

...recently, I found these papers in an antique shop...

...what a find...

...there were two bundles like this...
...both came home with me...

...I also adore everything about vintage sheet music...

...this shadow box once was a kitchen drawer...
...a garage sale find many years ago for only fifty cents...
...it got quite a make-over...
...and those beautiful music notes grace the back and sides...

...I could share an abundance of photos of my sweet white pitchers...
...but instead will end with another couple of my favorite things...

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Sally. I, too, love old paper. Old books. I have sheet music inside an old cupboard. I love that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papers white
    Nest eggs too
    Many a topic
    Many a hue

    On a shelf
    Or in a box
    Oh what notions
    It unlocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally, I was so happy to find out you have a blog!!! :) Have been following you on flickr and happen to be a huge fan of your :) Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete